During pregnancy, baby development phase, the next, and likewise, the first three months, are the most thrilling phase. You may keep looking at your body and its changes. You take care of what you eat and feel the baby growing inside you. Moreover, during your third month of pregnancy, the embryo becomes a fetus, and the umbilical cord connects to your placenta and uterine wall. And sex organs also start to develop. The fetus will be roughly the size of a lemon.
Development of Fetus at 13 weeks of pregnancy
- Your baby weighs nearly 23g and is 2.9 inches long
- Unique fingerprints start appearing
- The intestines move the abdomen (which has been growing in the umbilical cord)
- Discovers how to suck the thumb
- Swallows amniotic fluid
- Development at 14-week pregnancy
- Your baby weighs nearly 43g and is 3.4 inches long
- Fine hair called lanugo starts appearing
- Starts moving their arms and legs
- Wiggle fingers
- The brain sends impulses to her facial muscles.
- He begins to make slow eye movements under closed lids.
Fetal Development at 15-week pregnancy
- The baby weighs nearly 70g and is 4 inches long.
- Breathing systems have become more advanced
- Digestive systems start to develop.
- Muscle tissues continue to develop.
- Hearing ability develops
- Able to hear muffled sounds
Fetal Development at 16-week pregnancy
- The baby weighs nearly 100g and is 4.6 inches long.
- Fetus neck muscles, hand muscles, and backbones get strong
- A scalp line pattern begins to form.
- The circulatory system works effectively.
- The heart pumps around 24 liters of blood around the baby every day.
Changes in the mother’s body
Pregnant women might start showing their small baby bump during the 3rd month of pregnancy. As well as However, every pregnancy is unique. This month, pregnant women’s breasts might also swell. And good news for some pregnant women is nausea subsides as you reach the end of the first trimester. But, some may experience nausea or vomiting until they give birth. Some women experience skin pigmentation like dark patches or lines on the neck, face, and abdomen. Most mothers show a pregnancy glow. And, if it is you – enjoy!
Your medical visit in the third month of pregnancy
Your doctor may check the following:
- blood pressure
- growth of the uterus
- the baby’s heartbeat
- urine tests
Diet and exercise during the third month of pregnancy
Many pregnant women start noticing that their nausea disappears slowly, and they feel more hungry. All you need to do is plan a healthy diet and start exercising. If you’re confused about the exercises, contact your healthcare provider. You can opt for prenatal yoga and swimming, as they are safe for pregnant women.
Focus on what you eat, and include vegetables, fruits, and whole grains in your diet plan. Always stay hydrated and avoid intake of coffee. But, if you want to drink coffee, stick to two cups of coffee a day. And it is also recommended not to eat unpasteurized cheese and milk, raw eggs, processed meats, and drink alcohol.
Some symptoms may be easy to deal with at 3 months pregnant, while others may be difficult. Moreover, you may undergo your medical visit this month. Furthermore, talk to your doctor about what you are going through and get advice.