You have now entered the second half of your wonderful pregnancy journey. At 21 weeks pregnant, most likely, you have already made the transition to some maternity clothes. When your baby is growing properly and maintaining the right fluid levels, you may need larger jeans to fit comfortably.
When you are 21 weeks pregnant, you don’t need to wait until the baby arrives to begin bonding with it. Your body is accustomed to a new life, but by the time you are ready, you will notice that some pregnancy symptoms go away.
Pregnancy fatigue is more manageable now, and nausea becomes a distant memory. You may also feel less abdominal and breast tenderness.
When you have a 21-week ultrasound scan, your healthcare provider will measure the height of the uterus as it appears above the pubic bone. Usually, this fetal measurement correlates with your due date. On to read more…
Symptoms experienced by a 21 weeks pregnant woman:
- As compared to the earlier weeks, pregnancy week 21 doesn’t bring any major problems. You don’t have to worry about those irritating pregnancy symptoms you experienced in the first trimester.
- Currently, you are in the full swing of pregnancy. Most pregnant women feel fine during this time. As this period is considered the “golden period of pregnancy,” during this time you need to concentrate on things that improve your well-being. Also, this is the week to bond with the baby.
- Few pregnant women experience any mild uterine contractions until week 21. Though uterine contractions are normal throughout a woman’s life, during this period there is greater pressure on uterine muscles. This gives me a different feeling than normal.
- Aches and pains are common during this period. Practicing regular workouts can help you alleviate this condition. Urinary tract infections are also more common during pregnancy. It is usually more likely that you develop a urinary infection.
- To avoid this type of pregnancy health issue, you should drink more water, urinate after having intercourse, and wash from front to back every time you go to the bathroom.
Physical changes that occur in a 21 weeks pregnant woman:
This week, instead of increasing belly size, you will notice a few noticeable changes in your body.
Few pregnant women notice little discomfort while walking. If you have severe pain or the contractions are accompanied by a loss of fluid from the vagina, you should consult your physician.
Few women who are 21 weeks pregnant notice that their gums become swollen and bleed. This is because of the increased hormone levels and increased blood flow in your body.
A few women may also notice acne on their faces and backs. Though it is common during pregnancy, frequent washing and drinking lots of fluids can help with this type of skin problem.
Backaches will become more severe starting this week. With your growing abdominal size, the center of gravity shifts and puts extra strain on your back. You should take care of your joints and ligaments because the hormone relaxin makes them stretch and loosen. If you can, consider getting a prenatal massage from a trained professional.
Fetal changes that occur in a 21 weeks pregnant woman:
- When you are 21 weeks pregnant, your baby is about 12 inches long and weighs about 16.5 ounces. This size roughly equals the size of a banana. This week, the baby’s growth has slowed a bit as the development of organs and the central nervous system takes place. Telehealth in Maternal Care
- The baby’s skin becomes red, opaque, and slightly wrinkled, instead of translucent. the tongue of an infant can be moved, also the fat accumulation became more rapid, and it also started developing fat in the bones.
- When you get your 21-week pregnancy ultrasound scan, you will notice your baby’s rapid eye movement, which indicates that the baby has adopted a healthy sleep schedule. Baby’s regular sleep and wake cycles become more predictable as the weeks go on, and they become more consistent.
- During these days, your baby can hear your words. If you talk, read, or sing, the baby can hear you this time, some changes are happening in the baby’s digestive system. Baby can swallow more amniotic fluid this week.
- The baby’s liver and spleen are the organs responsible for the formation of blood cells.By this week, a baby girl’s vaginal lining should be fully developed, and her ovary should contain over 6 million eggs. When the baby is born, this amount will be down to 1 million.
- Bone marrow spaces, which support the creation of blood cells, are equally well formed as the bones. The common yet odd hiccups your baby has may be something you notice. The infant’s immune system has grown consideably at this point.
- Also, there is the production of white blood cells that play a great role in your baby’s defensive system. When a baby swallows fluid from its amniotic fluid, it helps develop the digestive system.
What care should be taken?
During this week, you may notice an increase in your libido. Pregnant women should remember that having sex with their partner is completely safe when they follow hygiene rules, but showering is recommended before lovemaking.
Regular exercise is very important as the weeks go on. A regular workout will play a great role in how much your back will hurt and how much pressure your pregnancy is causing on the leg’s blood circulation.
Pregnancy yoga, meditation, pregnancy massage, walking, and swimming are the most preferred forms of workouts for women during week 21 of their pregnancy. Sperm extraction
Also, you should remember that doing strenuous workouts during pregnancy can harm you and your developing baby. So, consulting your healthcare provider is very important before starting any exercise regimen.
One more thing pregnant women should remember is that communicating with the baby is very important. Read books and play calm music for your baby.
Have a wonderful journey with the pregnancy!! Go on to know more about the exciting things during pregnancy week 22…