Morning sickness in pregnancy is a very common problem experienced by a lot of pregnant women. It is also known as nausea. Many pregnant women will experience morning sickness, usually in their first trimester. The severity of morning sickness varies from woman to woman. Pregnancy morning sickness affects approximately 50% of pregnant women. Pregnancy morning sickness not harmful to you and your baby, but if you are vomiting several times a day and will not manage to keep your food down, you will have hyperemesis gravidarum.
Fortunately, there are many natural home remedies help to combat the queasiness associated with pregnancy morning sickness.
- There are many herbal teas help to reduce nausea. Try to have herbal teas like ginger, lemon balm, peppermint and chamomile.
- If you have heartburn, try to avoid peppermint tea.
- Stay away from fried and fatty foods that can encourage your nausea.
- Instead of eating three large meals every day, try to eat several small meals throughout the day.
- Take a teaspoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of mint juice and a table spoon of sugar three times a day, which may help to reduce pregnancy morning sickness.
- In your diet try to include foods rich in protein and complex carbohydrates, which help to cure your morning sickness.
- Eat soda crackers 15 minutes before getting up in the morning.
Simple and easy exercises will help to increase oxygenated blood flow, promote better mobility, decrease nausea and lessen your body’s reflux.
- Take 25 milligrams of vitamin B6 three times a day for three days to reduce your nausea and vomiting associated with pregnancy.
- Always talk to your doctor before taking any vitamin supplement.
- Eat vitamin B6 rich foods like avocados, fruits, vegetables, legumes, fish and poultry to relieve your symptoms.
- Dehydration can cause nausea. Expectant mothers must drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Drink as much as you can manage. Sometimes sips of flat lemonade, ginger tea, diluted fruit juice and clear soup are helpful.
- If none of these are bearable, try to suck ice cubes.
- Acupuncture is a 100% safe and natural treatment that can work wonder for eliminating your pregnancy morning sickness.
- Pressing an acupuncture point on your wrist will help to relieve your morning sickness.
- If you experience nausea, press on your wrist about 20 to 30 times at one second intervals.
- Acupressure is more effective than the drug in improving psychosocial functioning.