Pregnancy is one of the best experiences that a woman can encounter in her lifetime. Pregnant after abortion is common. Yet, for some ladies, this feeling doesn’t always make for happiness and delight in their spirits. Granting to the latest statistics outlawing abortion has not deterred women from seeking the procedure. Likewise, in states where abortion is legal, researchers found that the procedure was safe, whereas, in rural areas where it is illegal, the procedure is unsafe. Moreover, globally, there are 28 abortions for every 1,000 women of childbearing age, and studies indicate that abortion accounts for 13% of women’s deaths during pregnancy and childbirth.
Some causes that lead to Abortion are:
- A woman may not have the capacity to have a pregnancy in the future and A woman may not have the capacity to have a pregnancy in the future.
- There was a risk to a woman’s life if not terminated the pregnancy.
- During pregnancy the risk of a child having a mental defect increases.
- An Abusive relationship
- Sex discrimination
- Under age pregnancy
A woman should not abort during pregnancy. One-fifth (2%) of women undergoing induced abortion suffer from immediate complications. A high risk of early delivery can cause a mid-trimester abortion. Taking these risks a pregnancy after an abortion can be exceedingly hazardous, and can lead to a threat to a woman’s life or emotional damage. Pregnancy after an abortion needs a good amount of planning and time put into it.
Abortion might lead to some physical injuries which might restrict or complicates the future pregnancies:
- Damage to the Cervix i.e. damage to the entryway of the womb
- Damage to the Womb
- The fetus will not be transferred into the womb.
- Damage resulting from cervical lacerations from abortion often causes difficulties in future conceiving
- Placenta praevia in pregnancies after abortion is much more common, this can endanger the unborn children, which may lead to malnutrition and sometimes death
- Scarring can block the fallopian tubes and render a woman infertile
- Increased risk of bleeding before the twenty-eight week of gestation
- Create a greater risk of low birth weight. Pregnancy after abortion
The greatest risk associated with Pregnant after abortion is an emotional problem in women:
- A woman may get an abortion if she is unconvincing..
- A woman is mentally pressured to have a child. This guilt may result in a woman if she feels that she has a very limited option.
- Depression is increased in women.
Lastly, according to reports by the British Medical Journal, women who chose to carry the child to term and give birth have a lower chance of experiencing clinical depression when compared to women who chose to terminate the first pregnancy. Also, medical attention must be given in an emergency.
- Pain in the lower stomach that doesn’t get better with pain relief medication
- Heavy bleeding
- High temperature
There are many risks and complications when preparing for a pregnancy.There are many risks and complications when preparing for a pregnancy.